"There is only one you for all time. Fearlessly be yourself."
Anthony Rapp
As for me, I'm looking to the quiet places and wide open spaces. I'm courting silence and gazing at the stars. I'm listening to the silence.
Somewhere in my lineage there is gypsy blood. I've been a long time wandering and unsettled. Part of this was due to the break up of a thirty year marriage and complete upheaval of my life. So I should say the last twenty years have been unsettled.
Now I appear at a different door, a gateway, searching for something.
And there you have it for now....blessings and have a great weekend.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." ~e.e. cummings, 1955


3 comments:
Fearlessly be yourself, fearlessly be yourself, fearless be yourself......great mantra!
That's so beautiful. I know how it feels to spend years wandering, trying to find yourself. Sometimes I truly think I have found ME, but then something comes along and reminds me that I am still searching. Have a wonderful weekend.
Mary
It is so good to know that we are not alone, even when we go through aloneness. I went through a divorce in my early thirties after a ten year marriage. I had never lived alone before in my life. I had never gotten an apartment on my own. I had to learn everything from scratch! I spent ten years living alone before I remarried, and those ten years taught me so much. Then I went back to school in my forties and started a whole new life teaching, but a bout of ill health landed me back at home, and now, officially retired as I am, and not very financially secure at all, I find myself in yet another phase, and yet it is such an unknown phase, that I, too, find myself "at a different door, a gateway, searching for something." It is very interesting to me how slightly different paths can bring us to the same point in the middle of the deep dark forest! It is beyond wonderful to find kindred spirits here!! xo Kari
Post a Comment