"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Parade

Easter Parade
Irving Berlin

In your Easter bonnet with all the frills upon it,
You'll be the grandest lady in the Easter Parade.
I'll be all in clover, and when they look you over
I'll be the proudest fellow in the Easter Parade.

On the Avenue, Fifth Avenue,
The photographers will snap us
And you'll find that you're in the rotogravure.
Oh, I could write a sonnet about your Easter bonnet
And of the girl I'm taking to the Easter Parade.

Adorable isn't she, she is anonymous. *


Easter sunday was a very dress up day for the little girl me.  Organza, dotted swiss, blue satin ribbon, black patent leather mary janes, lace socks and frilly silly Easter bonnet.  Easter basket filled to the brim with jelly beans, pastel sugar eggs, chocolate eggs, a yellow stuffed fluff of a baby chick and always, a lovely Easter bunny.

For all the the Easter glamour I couldn't wait for church to be over,  little girl ran to the bedroom to shed the finery, put on overall shorts and be barefoot.  Oh yeah, I remember it well. :)

Adorable little girl in paper easter bonnet, no name

5 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

now that put a smile on my face..so darling...

love the story about Easter. sounds just like mine....

i still remember some of those dresses..one was a yellow pleated dotted swiss...loved it..another was a blue one..had the white gloves and purse too...but couldn't wait to get home...take it off..and head out to our treehouse in the black walnut tree for an Easter picnic....

thanks for bringing back the memories.....my friend,

Kary
xxx

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Easter is your favorite holiday....

I like it too...but we are having a scaled down version this year as i am just now starting to come around...i wasn't going to do it at all...but got it back together..actually went out and looked at hams this morning...they weighed from 30 pounds to 3 pounds..and the 3 pounder was some brand named GUSTO. HUH? i took a pass on both...plus i enjoy the hunt....

Happy Easter, my friend and have fun getting ready.....

sendling Easter love,
Kary
xxx

Terra said...

Your childhood Easter sounds like mine. The little girl is absolutely precious and so is her hat.

Sandra said...

Your little girl easter, very similar to mine but I 'sashayed' till bed in my Easter outfit.
It was the only time my mother let me dress 'frilly. :o)

Oh that photo of the paper easter bonnet. LOL
In Kindergarten and 1st grade we decorated paper plates, glued on ribbon and then paraded through all the classrooms displaying our finery..

Wonderful memories.
Thanks for stirring the old brain this morning.
Love ya

Anonymous said...

a very lovely story and a sweet image :o)

wishing you a happy and carefree, barefoot and bonneted easter xxx

sumea

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers