"Ever since happiness heard your name, it has been running through the streets trying to find you.”
~ Hafiz ~
carnations, lily-lily, rose
John Singer Sargent
The weekend is upon us a time of rest, fun and relaxation for those who work outside the home. When you are retired the weekend days are the same as week days. There are hours and hours to pursue the passions you dreamed of for years.
My best advice for those not yet retired, be sure you save, save, save your money, and are prepared for the golden years. The golden years need the green of money to make it happen. : )
It is amazing how a very few words, such as these quotes, speak a world of truth and encouragement. I love a good quote.
Have a great weekend everyone!
“I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your on being.”
~ Hafiz ~


8 comments:
Hi Magnolia....YES! we are busy making plans for Teddy...put his name tag on his new collar last night...have everything ready to go...
get through this weekend and tuesday we go south to san deigo....
have a wonderful, restful weekend, my sweet friend...
sending love,
kary
xxx
Thank you for your wise words of advice!! My mom is nearing retirement and she has been coaching me on the same. :) It's too bad money is so necessary - if only we could live on sunshine and flowers and beautiful places like in your splendid photos. Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend!
Thank you for your wise words. I've about 5 years left...and sadly, didn't think about retirement until it was almost upon me. I do know one thing I will have to do...and that is to leave this city. It's far to expensive for one on a retirement income.
Mary
I love the Sargent painting and if I ever write a book on children and gardening that would be the perfect cover for it.
My article on garden children is in the current issue of Back Home magazine, so that subject is on my mind today.
I agree that a picture and a quote are very meaningful. Regarding retirement, if your employer has a 401 or 403 plan, put money in it, even start with just a little bit.
Dear Magnolia..sometimes the only way we CAN make it through is knowing that we will see them again someday in Heaven...
have a wonderful weekend, my sweet friend
sending love,
kary
xxx
I love that painting...sigh...
lovely post, with beautiful photos and wise words.
well, i left a pretty long explanation about the bracelets over on my side on the blogging world :D
i hope you can make sense of it ;P
That top quote always makes me see Happiness running through the streets, waving a piece of paper, looking for everyone on the list! And that lovely painting is the first painting I saw myself in as a child, and I have always loved it. It was in a huge book my mother had, The Book of World Paintings, which contained (I thought) all the paintings of the whole world. Your words on retirement come too late for me, but I live on the thought that somehow all will be well, even for those of us who find ourselves retired against all odds! xo Kari
Post a Comment