A Touch of Tango Spring
Robert Mertens -- Poppy Tango Flower Art Print
The one little song I heard in my head today was "I'm to sexy for my shirt, to sexy for my shirt....". Who knows why it popped in but it did. Thinking it silly I dismissed it and refused to hear it again. In it's place, in the car CD player I chose to hear, Enya's Celts. Fabulous.
An early morning visit provided the one good poem, read here http://www.annmiles.blogspot.com/ , Journaling the Journal - December 24, 2009 post, Ann Miles journal of crafting. Her life is creatively recorded here: http://annsomersetmiles.blogspot.com/ . The writing and photography are compelling. Her talent is showcased in referenced magizine articles on site. She is 72 years young and does not have idle hands. She is one of my new heros. You will be delighted to visit her in Warwickshire : United Kingdom. (side note: Warwickshire is one of those words that make me swoon and tingle.)
To the library I went to browse and ask for books I had requested. The library had returned said books saying they called and notified me. False. New plan, requested books will be mailed to my home, I celebrated with a brief happy dance.
Brought home these goodies in a Walmart plastic bag: (author's recommed by blog friends)
StillMeadow Sampler, Gladys Taber
Circle of Five, Dolores Stuart Riccio
The Devil and Miss Prym, Paulo Coelho
Heart of Darkness, Joseph Conrad
The Singing Fire, Lilian Nattel
Mail Order Books:
Biography, Pablo Neruda
Poetry, Pablo Neruda
My library is hard pressed to come up with poet's and author's I'm interested in and my purchasing funds are limited. I remain thankful for every book.
The sensible words have yet to fall from my lips. :)
"Every day we should hear at least one little song, read one good poem, see one exquisite picture, and if possible, speak a few sensible words."
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

4 comments:
http://www.poemhunter.com/pablo-neruda/
above is some of Pablo Neruda's poems
I have heard of by not read...I have it though...so maybe I will read it as well, and if you want we can compare our thoughts on the book.
I am just for fun reading Pinocchio.
I love a good book list...will write it down.
The books you mention are of interest to me, because you brought them to my attention.
We bloggy friends have power to influence from time to time, don't we?
Today I bought 4 books online and wait with anticipation and will announce their arrival on my blog. I am a volunteer to take library books to a homebound senior citizen so I am a big user of the library, like you.
How I love my poppies.
Every Spring I anxiously wait for those beauties to burst open.
I especially love the quote you selected.
You have such a lovley way with words Magnolia.
Thinking of you today.
Ama
Beautiful picture. Lovely post.
Your posts are always so inspiring. Spring will be arriving soon. YAY!
Thank you for your prayers for Christopher. I truly appreciate them. =)
Post a Comment