"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Monday, March 1, 2010

I Hope You Dance


I HOPE YOU DANCE

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty-handed

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance, I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances, but they're worth takin'
Lovin' might be a mistake, but it's worth makin'
Don't let some hell-bent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to sellin' out, reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance, I hope you dance
I hope you dance, I hope you dance

(Time is a wheel in constant motion, always rolling us along
Tell me who wants to look back on their years
And wonder, where those years have gone)

Dance, I hope you dance
I hope you dance, I hope you dance
I hope you dance, I hope you dance

Lee Ann Womac

Dancing is considered a nonverbal form of communication.  Moving the feet and/or the body in a rhthymic manner usually accompanied by music.

Dancing is fun, fast dancing, moving to every beat of the music.  Slow dancing is personal, I like up close and personal, with the chosen one.  Rhythms pulse through the body, emotions awaken, and we "feel" the music.

In  free style dancing I think we communicate how the music makes us feel.  We feel it .  Freedom of expression.  I always loved it.

We can dance and twirl to celebrate happy news.  Our whole body releasing the happiness and joy we feel.

We can dance into the day and move our feet and body to the music of life.  Feel the rhythmn, communicate, and allow life to teach us the dance.

To watch ourselves dance is to hear our hearts speak - Hopi Indian Saying

3 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

I Love the words to that song..bought the C.D just for that song ....

the auberge of the flowering hearth: i got it used off amazon..or there is that other used and out of print sight called alibris....

could try those..it's a great book :-)

kary
xxx

Dawn said...

Those have to be some of the best lyrics ever written. To me, it sounds like a parent talking to their child, or a someone speaking to their best friend. It's so wonderful. Thank you for sharing!
Whenever my mom comes to visit, we blast music and dance around the living room. I should really do alone more often, too!
I appreciate you...
xo country girl

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for following my blog and leaving a comment. It seems we like the same things. I am now going to read back through your postings. I will try to email you in the next few days; please forgive me if there is a delay (work calls, as it ever does).

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers