Hibiscus sabdariffa
Hibiscus is grown by ethnic communities in China's Xishuangbanna prefecture near the borders to Myanmar. In this area there is no industrial pollution or use of agricultural chemicals, hence, the dried Hibiscus flowers make a great natural product.I fell in love with these hibiscus. Wouldn't we all love to have a dried arrangement of these in our home? Oh yeah!
Below image at: http://www.natureproducts.net/
Angel Oak in Charelston, South Carolina
(photo below via pixdaus)
This is a perfect tree for the Teddy Bears' for the picnic.
Sunday Musings
After doing laundry this morning I took a short walk through the apartment complex. The ornamental hibiscus is sprouting tender green leaves and tiny flower buds. Promise of coming beauty and color. Nature knows her cycles and gets on with it.
Many of the large oak trees have wildy twisted trunks and knotty roots above the ground. These knobby brown roots take on personality and gnome like characteristics. Goblins and bears, owls and dragons are lurking just at the foot of these large oaks. Perception can expand my reality. My imagination rises to the occassion and the urban woodland creatures are gathering for the Teddy Bears' Picnic. Clear blue sky and cool crisp air slip quietly into my spirit. Energy rises and a moment of clarity and hope comfort me. A peaceful meandering musing for a fine Sunday morning.
Now come along to :
The Teddy Bears' Picnic
If you go down in the woods today
You're sure of a big surprise.
If you go down in the woods today
You'd better go in disguise.
For ev'ry bear that ever there was
Will gather there for certain, because
Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic.
* "The Teddy Bears' Picnic" is a song written by John Walter Bratton in 1907, with lyrics added in 1932 by prolific songwriter Jimmy Kennedy. (Wikipedia)
* "The Teddy Bears' Picnic" is a song written by John Walter Bratton in 1907, with lyrics added in 1932 by prolific songwriter Jimmy Kennedy. (Wikipedia)



5 comments:
I was a preschools teacher for many years in a former life and we always taught the kids that song and had them bring a Teddy Bear from home for a picnic. Nice memory!
love the teddy bear picnic..so cute
and wow..that oak..they are so beautiful....
you're so funny..dancin' and singin' and waitin' for spring..YES!
kary
xxx
Beautiful pics. And that song. I'd forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me of it today.
I'm joining you on the picnic. =) Let's go in disguise, shall we?
Yes, let's do, a mystery a masquerade...I love it.
I love that teddy bear picnic poem! I've never heard it before! And the hibiscus is absolutely beautiful. My favorite picture is of that sprawling tree - what a perfect place to dream and read.
Post a Comment