"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Thursday, February 25, 2010

Learning


Learning to accept the things I cannot change. 

The word accept is from the Middle English, from Anglo-French accepter, from Latin acceptare, frequentative of accipere to receive, from ad-+ apere to take - more at heave. 
Date 14th Century

3 a : to endure without protest or reaction b : to regard as proper, normal, or inevitable c : to recognize as true : believe

Accepting without protest or reaction is a big deal.  I have not been one to accept whatever life brings without protest or reaction.  If it hasn't been what I wished for I'd do my best to change it or dress it up and make it look like something else.  I would fight it, kick it, sit on it, throttle it, yell at it or ignore it.  With that said it is easy to understand how exhausting this approach to life can be.
 
I'm prepared to try a new approach.  Take a moment and let the dust settle.  Accepting a decision made by someone else, it is not mine to make.  Accepting responsibility for my decisions.  Tough stuff.

There is a path and I am on it.  I may stumble, hit a tree head on, fall down and pick myself up , go the wrong wayfor a bit, but I will find my way ....my feet still go one in front of the other and I should be alright.

Moment by moment, step by step....I remain busy pulling my own little red wagon.

A few of my very own thoughts.

Have a Happy Friday my friends.

5 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

happy friday to you too, my friend

good to see you at farmhouse today

always good to see you

sending love,
kary and buddy

Melodie said...

Great post.I liked the part about pulling your own little red wagon! Thanks for visiting me !

kerrdelune said...

Beautiful, and it echoes my own thoughts on the matter, but dearest Magnolia, you have said it more wonderfully than I ever could, and I love the idea of a little red wagon!

Sandra said...

Touching and truth-filled dear sister.
None of us who are on the path
who work to be the path
do not find ruts and stones and
obstacles to contend with.
Reminding myself to be patient,
reminding you to be patient...

Love to you
Ama

the wild magnolia said...

Thanks for the reminder Ama, Love to you too.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers