A Spot of Green to Rest Your Eyes
This Monday I am thinking of the new week and wanting to step ahead with clarity and peace. Reading and burying the bones of what I have read is a normal process for me. Reading is fun and gathering new and old thoughts from each author broadens the scope of my imagination. Often I return to passages of interest, this being akin to digging up the bones, and gnaw again the offering of inspiration.
Gladys Taber: Spring
"Let us spend one day as deliberately as nature," said Thoreau. Gladys added, "Nature never hurries, season moves gently into season, day into night."
Leaving the fast paced profession of my past does not grieve me. My specific job was interesting and I did love it. The deadlines and office politics are gladly viewed in my rear view mirrow. It is no longer necessary to arrange my true life around my days off. Blessed event.
While I worked being in a rush became habit. I'm sure I could have managed better but I was on a roll. The major slow down of retirement is an adjustment. For awhile I was adrift. A new rhythm is what I have settled on.
Listening for the new rhythms in my life, tapping my foot to secure the beat, and rising to dance on with my life.
Spending one day as deliberate as nature, to never hurry, to gently move through each season, and each day is where I am headed.
Certain words happily thrill me as speak their name.....Dogtooth Violets is such a word. Is it like that for you?
Walk for a moment with Gladys' down the hill:
... "a spring walk down the hill over the dogtooth violets."


7 comments:
Beautiful quotes! It seems it would be easy to start a slower life but it takes a transition period.I felt it when we moved to our farm.
Beautiful photos.
Change is a dance....we must always keep balancing.
Gorgeous words and pictures as always! I always feel so peaceful when I come to your blog.
As my homeland is still white with snow...your beautiful pictures and quotes fill my thoughts with the yet unseen Spring.
May you be well & happy...
Ama :o)
thanks for keeping me in your thoughts, dear friend....
getting a LITTLE better,,,slowly..very very slowly
kary
xxx
thankyou so much for your kind words on my blog xx
your blog is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l :o)
Lovely pics. I love them. And your words always make me feel so calm and happy. And to take life slow. Hey, on this farm it moves pretty slow sometimes. =) *hugs*
Post a Comment