"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Thursday, February 18, 2010

Simple Moments


First thing this morining I visited Ama's Lotus Pond. Her post is titled "Wabi-Sabi", a Japanese term which has changed through the years.  She states Wabi-Sabi is a philosophy, a way of life, a simple life.  Stop by http://mydailybuddhism.blogspot.com/ and see her Wabi-Sabi tree.

For the first time in weeks my spirit flickered.  Hope.  I could grasp simple.  Simple thoughts.  Wide open simple places to wander.  Simple moments veiled in stillness. 

Ama's "Wabi-Sabi" tree is simple beauty of stillness. Accepting snow, sleet, rain, wind, sun and moon...A triangle wonder draped in snow puncuates our moment...

Gentle pushes forward to embrace a simple way of life.  Could I be as the Wabe-Sabi tree.  Accepting my journey and moving in simple momemts.

We shall see...

2 comments:

Julie Dao said...

WOW. What a beautiful picture. There's something so soothing and peaceful about it... I feel that simplicity is something we'd all be better off embracing in this crazy, hectic world of ours. Thanks for sharing!

Terra said...

This is a very serene, rich, lovely photo, and I appreciate you for posting it.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers