For me there is something spiritual about cherry blossoms. Blossoms signal the oncoming of fruit for cherry, apple, pear, avocado trees...and so on. The show of beauty and then the practicality of fruit.
"All the blossoms are perfect." (quote from the movie The Last Samurai)

3 comments:
Beautiful Magnolia.
There is nothing lovlier than fruit is there?
We have an old apple tree that doesn't produce good fruit but I always say she spends all her energy making the most exquisite blooms and for that I cherish her.
Blessings to you today
Ama :o)
Cherry blossoms are a metaphor in Japan - how lovely you have chosen this particular tree. The first time I saw "The Last Samarai," I knew the Cherry Blossom tree was a metaphor for me. I announced it to my whole family. For my birthday last year, my daughter gave me one and hubby planted it in my front yard. Here is a site that explains the metaphor much better than I could attempt.
http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tds/tattoos_designs_symbols_flower_cherryblossom_inspiration.htm
"In Japan, cherry blossoms (sakura) are a metaphor for life. A brief, brilliant blooming, followed by the inevitable fall.
Bushido, the samurai's code, takes the cherry blossom as its emblem. The blooming of the cherry tree is the purest manifestation of beauty in Japanese culture, but then the blossom swiftly fades and is scattered by the wind. This is the perfect death for a true warrior, who has lived with constant awareness and acceptance of the precariousness and transitory nature of existence. The essence of Bushido, or the Way of the Warrior, is that the true Samurai lives every day knowing it may well be his last. A samurai's motto is, "This is a good day to die". The cherry blossom as a tattoo design is a powerful reminder that life is fleeting and we must live in the present and cherish every waking moment, for it may well be our last.
The Spring equinox is the time of cherry blossoms, a season of religious celebrations that feature invocations for a plentiful harvest. In this respect, the cherry blossom is seen as a symbol of prosperity and good luck. While the cherry fruit was a dominant symbol on a samurai's sword sheath, it's the blossom of the tree that's quintessentially Japanese and which figures prominently in Japanese tattoo art."
I lOVE these cherry blossoms..they are my favorite....all pink and happy
thanks for taking the time to stop by Farmhouse
good to see you...
i'll be back soon, my friend
kary
Post a Comment