"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I've been thinking...

A copy of Auguste Rodin's The Thinker in front of the Kyoto National Museum in Kyoto, Japan

I've been thinking...ok everybody run for cover....

For days now I have been embroiled in several different family situations which are heavy on a mother and grandmother's heart. 

In addition, I watch the news and information floods into my already frazzled mind.  Finally I say, "whoa up" this is southern for stop, the end, enough already.  This magnolia person must dig her way out.  What we have here is a blizzard of family situation and world information.  Deep breathing, letting go, non attachment, live in the moment.  Only now exists.  All of these thoughts came to me. 

Bringing the raging mind under control can be daunting but not impossible.  Maintaining sanity for me involves a search for what works.  Not wanting to "cop out" on life and decide what I can contribute to change anything, I realized not for the first time mind you,  myself is the key change available.   Choices others have made and will make are beyond my control.  Several days ago I visited Ama's blog and found a short post addressing change.

Also, when overwhelmed I search for beauty of word, and landscape of earth, and animal and sea.  My feeble mind and heart visit the mystic lands and rest in the wild evergreen forests of imagination.  Breathing deep the scent of evergreen, I recline on lichen covered boulders.  Bluebirds flit through branches, the crystal rush creek pops with fish, the fluff of amber owl  eyes observe all, thirsty deer drink chilly creek water, the brown bear and moose search for food.  Here I rest for a spell, beside a circle of burning wood and rising smoke.  Now I am able to return to the moment and change.

And there you have it.  Blessings to you all.

Beannacht
("Blessing")

On the day when
the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.

And when your eyes
freeze behind
the grey window
and the ghost of loss
gets in to you,
may a flock of colours,
indigo, red, green,
and azure blue
come to awaken in you
a meadow of delight.

When the canvas frays
in the currach of thought
and a stain of ocean
blackens beneath you,
may there come across the waters
a path of yellow moonlight
to bring you safely home.

May the nourishment of the earth be yours,
may the clarity of light be yours,
may the fluency of the ocean be yours,
may the protection of the ancestors be yours.

And so may a slow
wind work these words
of love around you,
an invisible cloak
to mind your life.

~ John O'Donohue ~

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Beauty is a calming centering thing, isn't it?
We walked in the deep snow this morning...I couldn't go far, felt discouraged but then chose to enjoy the beauty around me.
Yes, I am getting a better handle on the depth of importance to choices.

I send back to you what you offered to me...

May the nourishment of the earth be yours,
may the clarity of light be yours,
may the fluency of the ocean be yours,
may the protection of the ancestors be yours.

Peace to you as you smooth your pathway
Ama

Robyn Campbell said...

Wondrous words. And very inspiring. I love them. Thanks so much for sharing them on a day I needed serenity, I found it here. =)

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers