"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Saturday, January 30, 2010

Moon of New Journeys






Last night the moon rose in the east encircled by evening mist. Compelling beauty, this Mama Moon, and she is shameless in her display. Tonight she will break bold and shine her biggest shine.

One of my blog sister's, who I can't recall, gives the full moons a name meanigful to her. I loved the idea and will do the same. For me this full moon is called "Moon of New Journeys".

In days past I have danced in the light of the full moon.  I may do it again to affirm the "Moon of New Journeys".

"Buffalo Gals won’t you come out tonight
Come out tonight, come out tonight.
Buffalo Gals won’t you come out tonight
To dance by the light of the moon!” *

My imagination will tonight trasform me into a buffalo woman of my own design.  I will step lighlty on the mother earth and dance.  Dancing to honor the Moon of New Journey.  Buffalo woman for a few thrilling moments.   I shall dance, wearing a smooth buffalo hide, adorned with shells and crystals.  The shells gentle chinking and winking crystals draw down the moon energy.  Swaying to the shell music will surely bring a moments clarity for the new journey. 

I wonder sometimes if our imagination is a vision or sorts?  Our imagination or vision, is this not a journey?  I will think more about this on my new journeys.

Amazing doors and windows are opening in my soul. 

Forever thankful for the blog sister's...please visit my new friend Ama.

Blessings.

http://mydailybuddhism.blogspot.com/
(see Ama's Friday, January 29, 2010 post, the thought we must be emptied in order to be refilled)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Buffalo Gals" is a traditional American song, written and published as "Lubly Fan" in 1844 by the blackface minstrel John Hodges, who performed as "Cool White." The song was widely popular throughout the United States. Because of its popularity, minstrels altered the lyrics to suit the local audience, so it might be performed as "New York Gals" in New York City or "Boston Gals" in Boston. The best-known version is named after Buffalo, New York.

The moon photo is from http://www.almanac.com/

3 comments:

Robyn Campbell said...

I love that song Buffalo Gals. I didn't realize the song was altered to fit the locale. I learned something here today. Thank you for showing me the moon. =)

Sandra said...

Moon of New Journeys...I see that of you. :o)
Your expressions stired my own imaginings and memories.

My grandmother was Osage and my Ancestors called her Moon Woman so that is how I speak to Her. To dance in her Light, to swirl and to twirl..as I did with my little daughter...is to send our feminine energy and love throughout the Universe.
As I gaze at her tonight I will look hard to see your sparks rising. :o)

And thank you for your kind words about my blog...
*gassho*

Your blog is delightful!

Ama

Quilt Architect said...

"What a marvelous night for a moondance" Van Morrison.

In looking at Ama's blog reminded me that the Japanese like to spend time "moon gazing" and they made special platforms and wrote poetry about the moon.

I thought that was a very nice tradition and so universal as we all see the same moon.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers