Photography by Geoffrey Peters
Unknown Dingle Ruins between Doolin and Killorglin
These beautiful ruins could tell stories and I would listen if they did. What Celtic people lived in and around this castle. What were their celebrations? Who were they, their friends, family and their enemies? What were the names of this Celtic clan? When were they on this land? I know they wandered these hills and lived and loved and died. Do their spirits still wander here, stopping by the castle, in search of old friends and family? Are these sheep offspring of the originals?
Not growing up with my Mother, the Irish side of my family, there are many questions now. I want to discover the Irish. See myself more clearly and recogize the old bones of my ancestry.
Already I wander the green Irish hills and imagine the old clans twirling in dance. Voices raised heralding the life of the Celts. Keeping the sheep and planting the roots. The day is ended and now the celebration. Lamb roasts on the spit and potato's crisp from the spitting fire are gathered. The feast is soon and bellies will be full and sleep will come quickly.
The journey countinues....

1 comment:
Clarissa Pinkola Estes talks a lot about finding our "roots" in the fairy tales of our ancestors. I think that might be an interesting way to come to know about your Celtic roots.
Here are some of her books.
http://www.amazon.com/Clarissa-Pinkola-Estes/e/B000APE8XA/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1
Post a Comment