happy yellow - canna lily
“I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.”
e. e. cummings
walk in to peace
up into the steep foothills molly and i trudged. taking care to step solid on the sometimes slippery red clay. well, not molly she is light footed, bouncing along without a care.
sweet musky damp smells hang in the humid air; molly sniffs the air and keeps climbing.
a fabulous feeling of escape washes over me. escape to peaceful woods. thick shrubs and trees wall both sides of our path. i hear a robin opera and chirps and tweets of American Goldfinch and Cardinals. several butterflies swoop near us and settle on bushes with tiny yellow happy flowers.
reaching the level place where it is hoped one day a home will stand for the owner’s of Indian Springs Campground. i ease down to sit on a weathered log. molly lays down on the clay. i listen. silence.

❤❤❤




7 comments:
How beautiful. Nature always has a way of calming our souls.
“I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.”
I thank you Beloved Sister for sharing your beauty with us!
xoxoxo
Such a lovely blessed day you had
I was blessed yesterday with a happy loving day spent with me and my doggies..
lovely photos.
val
I often turn to Nature to sooth and ground me. Beautifully written!
I often turn to Nature to sooth and ground me. Beautifully written!
Sandy, Beautiful - I could not make it without my nature surroundings...
lovely dragonfly. :)
Post a Comment