"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Leaving Virginia - Onward to Pennsylvania

Virginia Battlefields

Cannons
 Well at Battlefield
 South Carolina Monument
 Criss Cross Fence
Battlefield Spotsylvania
Virginia has been a very good visit.  We had rain every day until the 4th of July.  Today I heard rain at 4:00 a.m.  Darrell is outside packing up.  My inside work is complete so I am taking a few minutes for a short post.

My first visit to a Civil War Battlefield was the Spotsylvania Court House Battlefield, Spotsylvania, Virginia.  It is difficult to think of war in this is beautiful country.  I could feel and imagine the press of soldiers, and stomping feet as they marched.  I heard gun fire and shouts of men giving orders.  A powerful reality of war early in our country’s history.

Chancellorsville Battlefield is near Spotsylvania, Virginia.  An impressive monument to Stonewall Jackson stands behind the the park visitor center.  Woods welcome me, a blanket of fallen leaves, and mushrooms grow between the tall slim trees.  General Lee and Jackson’s last meeting was here.

My thankful heart prayed for peace on earth.

Leaving Virginia today.  Hoping to stay in Burnt Cabins, Pa.  Ye Olde Mill Campground for a few days.  We will be on the road for about 5 hours.
Safe trip on the winding country roads through Virginia and Maryland, to Pennsylvania.
We are not disappointed.  Great campground and country story.  You will trip over history in this neck of the woods.
Enjoy the pictures all taken at Ye Olde Mill Campground.

I find myself grateful for the hard work the owners have done here.  It is good to see a property cared for by people who believe in the integrity of a good job! The country store carries brand name foods and thoughtful needs and wants.  I love the butterfly garden and flags on the porch.  A large carved wooden bear greet you at the door.

Should you find yourself near here, come by for a visit, it like coming home.
May you find gentleness and peace in your life




5 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Breathtaking images.
Thank you for special cards.
Enjoy this time
it sounds so special and
enjoyable...

Jennifer said...

I just love.these photos! Enjoy your trip!

Jennifer said...

I just love.these photos! Enjoy your trip!

Appalachian Lady said...

I just love your photos. It looks like you are having a great trip.

kerrdelune said...

Magnolia, I love these images.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers