Jacksonville, Florida, is a very big city. Packed full of people coming and going. I enjoy a visit to the big cities. Libraries, museums, restaurants, used bookstores, flea markets, boho art shops, second hand cloths, Whole Food Market, state of the art medical care and so much more. And after go home to the country, the small town, a place to live in peace.
Speaking of medical care, I was in the hospital for 2 days and 1 night. Not a good experience for me. Having a few heart pains I called my cardiologist and he recommended I go to ER and have an ekg done.
I did. Ended up kept overnight for observation and have test run again for comparison. EKG, blood enzyme and oxygen level, x-ray all came back fine.
They began talking up another heart catheterization. From ground zero I said no. Directions left by hospital doctor no food or drink after midnight. Next morning i say again, if I should need a heart catheterization I will have done at home. I asked my doctor be contacted, if he agrees, I will go home and have it done. He was on vacation so no help. I was refused food and my meds.....a waited almost 3 hours and no cardiologist. I’m ready to go home. The nurse was unable to take the medicine port from my arm unless my paperwork is signed off by the 3 docs, hospital doc, Cardiologist, and ER doc. Meanwhile I am sick from no food, no meds. I end up going AMA.....the port is removed, downstairs is coffee, and Darrell comes to take me home.
It was a scary experience.
On to better things...in the south I always find my magnolias.
Monday we head for South Carolina!
Enjoy the photos.







6 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry you had to go through that. Are you okay? Please don't do anything to jeopardize yourself. You mean the world to me.
Mary
sometimes AMA is a good thing. the only way to get out of the system!
Please take care
of yourself.
Prayer and healing going your way
I had a frightening night
called 9ll at 4:30
will share more later
I am so sorry about your health issues (and sympathise to the moon and back) about your frustration with the health 'professionals'. Thank you for your visit. I love your photos, and have a passion for magnolias. (And the wild birds who visit have now killed the second tree. Sigh.)
I know slmerimes we just have to be our own advocates snd trust our gut feelings. Hopefully all is well and you can continue to enjoy your trip.
Oh Sweet Love...so sorry you had to go through all of that! Goodness Goddess! Just take care and try not to overdue and at the first sign of something amiss get yourself home to your regular doctor, please. I know you'll do what's best...
Sending sweet healing on the gentle winds Sister...
A'HO!
Post a Comment