"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Ramble - Gopher Oakey's Ramble

This is Oakey.  He is the rambler this Friday.  I photographed him rambling through our RV park, Oak Haven.  

I think he is about 2 feet long, 1 1’2 feet wide, this is my guess-ta-mation.  He is a Florida land terrapin, we call them gophers.  No swimming for these cuties.  They dig holes in the ground, far from the maddening crowd, and dwell peacefully.

Oakey is used to humans.  He came right up to be photographed and seem pleased.


7 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

well this is just the coolest thing!!!

mxtodis123 said...

He us amazing. we have three turtles at work that I care for, not as large, of course. I never realized that turtles each have their own personality. We have the bully, the dainty miss, and the introvert. I love them.
Mary

Leslie said...

He is a big one, and friendly, too. :)

Willow said...

Oh you know how I love tortoises ! HE IS AMAZING :)Thanks for sharing.

laoi gaul~williams said...

he is lovely!

Kerri Farley said...

WOW - he's big! What a cool find!

kerrdelune said...

A splendid Friday Ramble, and I so enjoyed the images of Oakey! How you???

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers