"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Sunday, March 3, 2013

G-R-A-T-I-T-U-D-E SUNDAY! at Wooly Moss Roots


G-R-A-T-I-T-U-D-E   SUNDAY! 

I think about the week now gone, always there are moments, and memories for which I am grateful.

This week i feel gratitude for these things and more:

  • seven bean soup, added tomatoes, green onions and celery.
  • again, whole wheat cornbread.
  • skilled doctor performs successful cataract surgery on darrell.  twice.
  • books.  i can read.  words are magic. these books:  W.B. Yeats - The Winding Stair; The Beekeepers Apprentice, Laurie R. King.; Sandra Cisneros,The House on Mango Street; Loose Woman (Poetry, strong language, but candid about life.  not offensive to me.); Selected Letters, Jack Kerouac, edited by Ann Charters, 1940 - 1956.
  • phone and internet.  keeping in touch with family and friends.
  • a wide world of information.  we can continue to learn if we wish.  libraries.  second hand book stores.
  • heat by gas; electric lighted.  a few chilly nights here in florida.
  • a friends leg was amputated to save her life.  she is alive.  gratitude.  attitude, hers is positive.
  • i remain to be enchanted and surprised by new discoveries.
  • there are roads we have not yet traveled.  april 1st we return to the road.  yeah.  i love to go, i love to return home, to rest and regroup.
  • excited to change up.  map out a few things i want to do and do them.
  • learning to help others through steadfast friendships.  retirement has meant no extra funds.  and prayers for others.
  • joy in the sacred.  over the top in freedom.
  • i feel blessed in my old age.  i am proud to be old.   i recognize possibilities.
  • blogs are people, their lives, and loves.  thankful i can share in these lives.  amazing people.
I wish you peace and hope.  Be safe, be well.






5 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

And I am grateful that you are my friend.
Mary

the wild magnolia said...

Thank you Mary, and I am grateful that you are my friend.

momto5 said...

an amazing list and i love the quote at the end. so lovely. have a great week.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandy, at the end of my day - your words make me smile.
Today I decided to have catarac
surgery in 2 months on one eye :(

Leslie said...

What wonderful things to be grateful for. Very glad to hear cataract surgery went well and I like seeing your book list.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers