"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Monday, February 4, 2013

Welcome To My World


Good morning sunshine.

Scrambled eggs and home fries for breakfast

Molly and I walked to the river.


Baking a cake.  Budnt cake pan gone? Use what you have.  It is Orange cake and cream cheese icing.


Listening to yo-yo MA, Vivaldi’s Cello.  Found the cord for my radio.  It had been missing for two years.  smile.  wink.


Reading the Hobbit.

The super bowl was a strange one.
Glad the Ravens won. 
Loved the stories on New Orleans. 

Grandson hurt his knee in hockey game last night.  
They lost;-{. (update: he is fine) The Fife Flyer’s, he is in Kirkcaldy, Scotland.

I see February as a time to pause a remember winter is gently moving on.  Everything seems to be moving fast.
Here is the deep south winter is so very mild we hardly notice.

Trying to stay on the path here listening to my spirit.
Drawing up close to nature and breathing deep.

Someone calls this time of year "the quickening", the light is growing stronger.  I feel it.  Don't you.

Have a major good week. 


4 comments:

valerietilsten59.blogspot.com said...

You live in a very interesting part of the world -Wild Magnolia.
Your photos of the 'gozamer'!! on the trees is great.
Your cake looks delicious.
wishing you a great week too.
thanks for passing by my blog, and for your comments.
val

Gail Dixon said...

Yes, I do feel the light growing stronger. Hope your grandson will be ok. Being close to nature is great for the soul. :)

Ashling said...

I do feel it....but you've said it perfectly. Peace....

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

This post is perfect.
Love the cake
can I have a piece :)
Take care
and thank you always for your
meaningful comments and cards...

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers