"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Peek At The Past - My Clan....

“Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.  Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.”  ~Jane Howard

This is my son Joe seven years old.  One of the last photos taken of him.
Joe and his Dad were two peas in a pod.
Vicky was thirteen and Rochelle is sixteen in these photos.
These are the members of my clan.
Vicky and I are sorting through what few photos we still have, scanning them, and I am editing.  Time consuming, but worth it.
I thought my blog friends might enjoy another peek at the past.
This would be me, I was thirty-three years old. I was a preacher's wife.



A family crest for Shields....I found on Google images.  My mother's maiden name was Shields.




5 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

What special memories you have shared with us. Thank you.
Mary

valerietilsten59.blogspot.com said...

Hello Wild Magnolia,
I too sometimes pull out my photo boxes and look back at the family.
For me, so many years have passed and all my children now have their own families.
Sometimes I cry a little when i see the old photos.
thanks for sharing your family
val x

Melodie said...

Beautiful, smiling faces! I love to bring out the old photos and remember.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I have boxes of old photos and planning on going through and passing some on to children.
They bring back so many memories.
Make us smile and cry....

Reba said...

Lovely photos! I love looking back through our old family pics. Most everyone is gone now, so its bittersweet, but what memories to think back on!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers