For days I have been hanging inside. Not today, no sir, I put on my walking shoes. It was about 60 degrees with a chilly wind and perfect for walking. The air was clean and the sky almost clear blue.
Walking down one street to the county road one side of the road is undeveloped land. The smell was intoxicating pine and old leaves. Woodsy.
Later Molly and I walked the short distance to Lettuce Lake. The tide was way out, two of the houseboats were sitting in mud. Molly didn’t care one whit, neither did I.
To see a white pelican, wings stretched out legs straight out in flight, was energy for my soul.
The brightness of the day lifted my spirits.
I captured a few shots at dusk. Days end the sun has dropped below the horizon. Christmas lights linger. I love lights.
Happy New Year, You wonderful people.
Wishing you peace and love, to the moon and back.




5 comments:
I finally went out this morning also. I've been in the house for days but couldn't let this crisp new morning get away without a new year's day walk. It felt good!
Happy New Year to you and may all your wishes each day come true....
xo sarah
Happy New Year to you! What gorgeous pics.
Happy new year!! Wishing you all the best in 2013 and beyond. :)
60 would seem like summer to me ;0
25 in the woods.
Take care
and wishing you a good year in 2013
Beautiful scenes! I long to get outside into some sunshine and a little warmth. I do not make a good winter person. Happy New Year to you!
Post a Comment