"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Friday, January 4, 2013

Morning Walk January 3, 2013 - Lettuce Lake - Woodland Path

My morning walks are a blessing.  During the day Molly and I take several short walks.

My spirit is thirsty for the outdoors.  The trees and leaves and sky and scents and light and sun and birds and flowers and water go into my spirit and feed my thoughts and imaginations.

We followed the path in the woods by Lettuce Lake in full circle today.  Delightful.  To see is thrilling, to listen opens my ears, to walk energizes me.

Sometimes we chat and visit with the fishermen and other’s who love to visit the lake.

Molly made a new friend today, her name was Charlie.  Molly acted like the Queen of Sheba.  Charlie wanted to play.
Almost every day I see this lake and walk in these woods.  Each time I see and feel different things.

There are sometimes other people around, but this is my special winter place.


5 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

I love being outdoors communing with nature as well. It's where I get close to God and get refreshed. Molly is precious!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandy, I am pleased you have such a wonderful place to walk.
Take care....

jaz@octoberfarm said...

what a great place to wlk and a very cute walking companion!

mrsnesbitt said...

Our new puppy is 10 weeks old. Can't wait for him to be old enough to have his second vaccination and shortly afterwards I will be able to take him for walks here in the village.

AkasaWolfSong said...

I'm lovin' the energy Sister! :)

Happy New Week to You and sending you peace and joy to walk along your journey with you...

Lots and Lots o' Love!!!
xoxoxox

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers