First look at the morning woods.
We walk a path true, but it is the journey that counts.
Moss always lets me know I'm back in the South.
Someone living on the river, someone greets the river each morning.
Perfect fire wood.
Green, brown, and gray.
Spring is coming.
Come walk with me today, into the woods. Breathe deep and smell the soil. Fallen leaves give off a musky scent. Just a hint of pine is in the air. The path goes close to the river and I detect wet mud.
Wind is blowing the moss sideways and shaking limbs. Molly is hesitant and watchful. Her being uneasy made me uneasy.
Going to the river or the woods is spiritual to me. My spirit soaks up nature. Watching the tides change from morning to night keeps me in touch with the moon’s pull at life.
Just after sunset yesterday the setting colors reflected on the river water as purple and magenta. In places the water appeared a dark mossy green. A fairy tale on the river.
I did not have my camera with me. Shucks.
Not for the first time this year I tell you nature, being outdoors, walking in the woods, going to the rivers edge, help quench my need for solitude. Softly stepping into the day with peace and clarity.

5 comments:
I am right there on the path with you....
i could live in the woods. i love it!
As we live and breathe in the whole of nature, we nurture ourselves and become our true nature.
Lovely walking with you Sister of my Heart! Your words held me captive. :)
Gentle Hugs and Peace Overflowing..
xoxoxo
There is something deeply comforting in a walk through the woods. Sometimes I forget...
beautiful photos : )
A walk that is simply sublime, dear Magnolia!
Post a Comment