"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Sunday, October 28, 2012

This Is Why I Take Pictures.....


Georgia

The house on the right, I love it, I imagine it belongs to me. I rise early and walk a path that follows close by the salt marsh grasses. The scent of salt is in the air, birds cry out, and sometimes the wind brushes my face.  I think about whatever I want.

The South Carolina and Georgia salt marshes have enchanted me.
So soon after the Smoky Mountains, I am surprised.  Something of me knows this land.  I cannot explain.

I am of the woodlands, I smell of tree bark, fallen leaves, and salty air.  My feet fit these spaces of earth.

To remember always, and for the stories, it is why I take pictures.







3 comments:

AkasaWolfSong said...

This is why I love looking at your pictures...soul stuff in the 'stars' of it!

I've long been attracted to the Carolina's...and to the Goolah peoples.

Wishing for you a Safe and Sacred Samhain Sister!!!
xoxoxo

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I understand. I know I am a part of the woods surrounding my cottage....

momvarvell said...

love the blog and writing. I would love to visit you when you live there and take a walk with you.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers