"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Monday, October 8, 2012

Small Black Bear....and the Corn

A small black bear...and the corn.

At least seven feet tall, the lush green corn stalks, golden tassels and abundant corn rested between two mountains for harvest day.  

Traveling through Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Iowa,  there stood thousands of miles of crisp dry dead corn.   

Molly and I walked by this valley corn everyday since coming to these mountains.  Each time I thought how happy the farmer’s of the dead corn would be to have hundreds of miles of this lush corn to harvest.

The field corn has been harvested.  Molly and I walked the field. She being a major lover of sticks,  fought hard to pull out remaining short stalks.  No luck there.  She really didn’t care, it is the trying she loves.

Earlier I noticed something had been in the corn, stalks were pressed down.  Something was eating and sleeping in the corn.  I was thinking deer.  A neighbor told of seeing a small black bear leaving the field.

My camera and I have been looking for a small black bear.  We want a picture.
Happy Corn Between Two Mountains
Happy Harvest Between two Mountains
Molly Loves the Cornfield
The corn harvest brought us rain and fog and cold cold cold.
We don't mind at all.







5 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

Beautiful autumn color!!

Ashling said...

Beautiful photos, adorable Molly. Glad for both of you that you missed the bear (although it would be cool to see from afar).

renilde said...

your wonderful shots make me long for the mountains,it's very beautiful where you are now,i recall my stay in the Pyrenees,there is some resemblance (bears and all), Molly has a party :), take care and enjoy(i know you are ;) xx

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandy, thank you for the wonderful pictures. I feel as though I am traveling with you.
Take Care
and special thoughts go out to you.

erleichda said...

what a beautiful way to spent the day
love the photos : )

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers