"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Monday, July 2, 2012

Life in Kansas

Here in Kansas the wind is big, I can’t see it, but I feel that it is big.  Something is different about the wind, coming in off the plains it must inflate.
Then, there is the strawberry sunset.  I did not capture it we were walking, I left my camera at the RV.  Never have I seen a neon strawberry sunset.  For minutes the sun rested on the horizon all dizzle dazzle.
One of the ponds closest to our place belongs to the geese.  Beautiful big Canada Geese, and babies possibly thirty, call this home .  The geese paddle the pond for awhile, walk around, eat bugs, do yoga, stretch, and snuggle in to rest in the grass.  I personally saw two or three geese lifting one foot stretching out, and align the back and the leg.  Somewhat downward dog.  I. am. not. lying.
We went for cheeseburgers with chili,  salad, and delicious iced tea at the Club House.  Very good.  Cake for dessert, we declined.  Bingo after but we came on home to bathe Molly Gael at 7:30 p.m.  Then over hill and dale to the “go fast” dog park.  Set free of a leash Molly goes fast, and fast, and more fast.
Robin redbreast statue mime, taking a few steps, then stand sentry for a minute, then begin again.  They watch us.  I wonder if they are feathered angels and worship God at sunset. 
I ended posting the Strawberry Sunset poem and photo from St. Martinsville, Louisiana.  So I will post this now, a little late but just as fun.
So now, I wish you a week filled with good things, good health, good food, friends and family, peace and laughter.
“i wrote this in Kansas, the moon waxes gibbous, big wind rolls in off the plains, it is 12:28 a.m. Saturday morning actually, i had fun.”

June 30, 2012
(c)
sandra m. hagan

and
photos
by

wild magnolia enchantments

1. campground Kansas landscape
2. shy beaver 
(I was unable to get close enough for a good picture, he went under the water, resurfaced and looked at me. ;-))
3. country Kansas gnome
4.  tiny whites look like petunias 
5. 1956 ford fairlane
6. Molly Gael at the "go fast" park
7. mr. black the great dane
8. daylight moon
9. strawberry sunset across the plains
10.  moon through cypress tree

Enjoy the photos, I love sharing them with you!  Wish you were all here, we would share a meal, take a long walk, a soak up nature, and talk into the wee morning hours.


4 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Gorgeous photos. I love the country.
Mary

renilde said...

life in Kansas, food for body and soul, love to travel with you here, x

In My Wild Eden said...

I have such a peaceful, beautiful feeling after reading this post. Thank you.

My Grama's Soul said...

Hi dear lady....not posting right now, but wanted to stop in and say hi to a fellow "traveler". Your writing today is so wonderful and your pics as well. Hopefully we will be leaving soon on our summer trek.

Stay safe and happy.

Jo

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers