Summer Rain Splash
❤
happy rain arrived
baring gifts
sloppy wet hugs
and kisses
tin roof rain effect
our moveable feast
home sweet home
thunder road
i felt the earth sigh
on her knees
parched
rain thump thumped
the pond
slid off leaves
sunk into
a thirsty
land
puddled
on the
picnic table
birds blinked
frogs swam
in circles
heaven clapped
mother earth
drank deep
my thankful heart
singing in the rain
i
turned over
went back
to
sleep
retirement
rocks.....
“i wrote this, it was fun.”
sandra m. hagan
(c)
photos
by
the wild magnolia
enchantments
June 12, 2012

6 comments:
Today when I left work, there was the most marvelous summer rain. I walked in it as I did as a child, letting it soak me. What a tremendous stress reliever after a hectic day.
Again, your words are magnificent.
Mary
Retirement doesn't seem like a possibility for me anymore. Be very glad you made it. :)
Lovely photo, lovely words:) Jane
Awesome poem! "Tin roof rain"- I love that. It's such a wonderful sound.
Beautiful....my friend.
Jo
you find the words each time to create a image that touches and makes happy, i love to fall asleep by the sound of rain too, xx
Post a Comment