"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Friday, June 29, 2012

So, this is summer ❦

so, this is summer
sizzle
hot winds fresh
from the plains
wide open days
fill at will
be creative
chill
crackle skin
jump in the
crystal blue
pool
summer spirit
tends to wilt
curl up in the
corner and sleep
shake it up
watermelon and
banana popsicles
glasses full of iced tea
visualize white beaches
clear to the bottom
salty ocean
gathering shells

poetry companion
a million good reads
summer porch
daydreamer
lighted stars
moon shines
punctuate 
dark nights
tall glass
iced chocolate milk
sweet dreams
sugar plum
“i wrote this in Halstead, Kansas, and it was fun.”
(c)
sandramhagan 
JuNe 29, 2012
“Not the sun or summer alone, but every hour and season yields its tribute of delight.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nature and Selected Essays


Photos by - wild magnolia enchantments


top:  by the Gulf wild flowers - Desoto Park, West Bradenton, Florida



bottom:  summer shadow shimmer - Halstead, Kansas June 28, 2012





KANSAS STATE SEAL
1861


We are now in south central Kansas.  Our plans are to stay eleven days.  Why eleven?  I do not know, mister makes the plans and I just ride.  ;-}







3 comments:

kerrdelune said...

Summer in your part of the world is grand and magical, dearest Magnolia!

Gail Dixon said...

Love the photos! Sounds like you're having a good summer.

Connie said...

Hi there, i just found you by way of Earth Apple Jane, isn't she a sweetie pie. It looks like you are doing a lot of traveling. I totally enjoyed your trip to Eureka. You take very interesting photos. Well, my budget is low, so I travel through others by way of the internet. I hope you don't mind another follower riding along on your journey. Please accept my warm invitation to visit and to hopefully follow me, too.
Connie :)

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers