"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Louisiana Rocks My World


Willow Rain Watercolor -
 by me....photo edit, so much fun.


Changes are afoot for sure, shaking things up, rattling of the cages.  Makes me dizzy sometimes.  hah.  
We are almost on fire here is Louisiana, ablaze with the heat and humidity of summer.  It is so funny, we were anxious to leave the Florida heat and humidity behind us.  Of course, somewhere in our subconscious minds, we knew Louisiana was not a chilly place this time of year.
Doing a bit of sightseeing here and there.  My love is the land, the oldness of place, the scent of times gone by wherein a touch of the ancestor's remain.  My iphoto is packed with beautiful images of flowers and land and waters.  Actually I would like to take black and white photos of humans too, but feel it intrusive and impolite to ask.
Friday we head further north in Louisiana, a campground at a gambling casino, we do not gamble.  We are after the food.  We follow the food.  Oh. My. Goodness.  The food is superb featuring various and sundry cultures.  In addition, we receive a healthy discount.  Yes!
Last evening the bottom fell out here in south Louisiana.  It rained for almost six hours here at Catfish Heaven.  Thunder and lightning and fairly heavy.  Water was still standing when the rain moved in again a few minutes ago.
We are heading to LaFayette tomorrow.  Going for Avery Post Card sheets so I may make my own post cards.  And, I need a hair cut.  We have located a used bookstore and will make a few trades.

Wanting to visit Longfellow - Evangeline Historic Home Site.  The rain must let up first.  Thursday we are set on going to Avery Island.

It is so nice talking to ya'll, thanks for the hospitality when I visit your magical blogs.
Louisiana Rocks my world.
The Blessed Virgin and Child
Photo and Edit by me.

3 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I was in Louisiana many years ago. Beautiful. And, yes, the food. I will never forget how good it was.
Mary

Like your new look. Your site doesn't jump around on me anymore.

erleichda said...

your watercolours are lovely! Great work!

Julie Dao said...

My friend just took a trip down to New Orleans! I hope to visit one day. I've never been anywhere in the South!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers