the hagan’s live here...
We are here, in the beautiful southern city of Thomasville, Georgia, City of Roses RV Park. Rent is much more reasonable here.
The park is no frills and I like it just fine.
The train travels and whistles behind us,
Makes me feel all “fried green tomatoes”.
Molly barks.
We have friends from home staying here, “we” got lost, they found us.
First meal at Seminole Wind buffet.
Fried fish, cottage cheese and pineapple, red potato salad, carrot and raisin salad, macaroni and cheese, ribeye steak (i gave to D), 1/2 biscuit and fried chicken.
Today I went to Goodwill, found one pair of capris, and three blouses.
Knock around cloths, price is right.
Bought sweets from Flowers Bakery store.
❤’s to you.
American and Southern pride
mighty dog lives here too
Post Script:
there are veterans living here
on small means
there are misplaced families
here too
unemployed families
the owner "helps" them.....
lost causes and other struggling human beings
have sanctuary
there is happy, there is sad
Post Script:
there are veterans living here
on small means
there are misplaced families
here too
unemployed families
the owner "helps" them.....
lost causes and other struggling human beings
have sanctuary
there is happy, there is sad
10 comments:
I feel that is the greatest thing about traveling our country in a fifth wheel or a motor home.....you meet all kinds of folks....at different levels....and they are all just trying to make sense out of this life and keep a smile on their face most of the time.
hugs dear lady,
Jo
I agree with Jo, Sandra...I think it noble and full of grace the owners of this RV Park takes lives seriously enough to help. Kudos to him/her/them! I grow so weary of cities, towns, looking at the homeless, the veterans as a scourge on our country and walk right on by them, as if their life doesn't matter. So sad, but here, just now, reading this, brings hope once again. :) This is the stuff of The United States.
Good to see you reading your organic books, etc....and I agree with you...in my next life I am going to be a Bee Farmer, Bee Charmer, and Egg Lady extraordinaire, lol! I think I was in past lives. I've been the Egg Lady in this life already, lol.
And...Fried Green Tomatoes is one of my all time fave movies! Plus, I love eating them, lol.
Have fun and give Molly a big old hug from Auntie Akasa! One for you too Sister Love :)
Praying for Sanctuary for all of us...
xoxoxo
I love Thomasville---especially the restaurant at the farmer's market, and Sweetgrass Dairy cheese!
RM - We are headed to the Farmers Market today.
This sounds like an amazing place to spend some time ~ what stories you'll have to share!
♥Sharon
Ahh...the open road! Sounds like so much fun. Love the "Fried Green Tomato" feel myself. My fantasy cafe is like the one in the movie.
By the way re: Wordless Wednesday...I never heard those lilies called Fairy Hats...we call them Dog Tooth lilies for some reason. Or Easter lilies because they always come up at Easter.
I wish I was there too, Magnolia! Are you going to stay there for a while?
Mom, I love the pictures of the different trailers and pets!!!! It is great to see your artistic side out and about!!! Love you so much! V
Vicky,
my daughter, thank you. i love you so much too!
Kerry,
the "Fairy Hats" name, for the Dog Tooth Lilies, is a fun name I made up. ;-)
kerrdelune,
we are leaving a week from this coming Monday.
going in to Mobile, Alabama, to see the retired Navy Ship. Then on to a Casino in Alabama, believe it or not, we go to there for the good food.
thanks for stopping by.
Post a Comment