"I think that no matter how old or infirm I may become, I will always plant a large garden in the spring. Who can resist the feelings of hope and joy that one gets from participating in nature's rebirth? " ~Edward Giobbi
Broccoli
•
my shared senses
click on links
taste: Green Onion Chipotle Gravy Recipe - Different than Mine.Broccoli
Cabbage
Red Potato Blossoms
A Gift ❦ From the Gardener
the garden owner cut three broccoli and had me pull five onions.
i was instructed to clean and wash the onions, cut about 3 inches off the green, saute in olive oil, add flour and cream....onion gravy...served over rice.
i did as i was told.
yum-licious
and
steamed broccoli
added cheese sauce.
served with large lima beans...and cornbread
we had two days of fresh garden fare.
big smile......;-)
Strawberry Man Delivers My Berries
as I write the berries are chilling with sugar added.
mmmmmm.....
❤
"The country habit has me by the heart,
For he's bewitched for ever who has seen,
Not with his eyes but with his vision,
Spring Flow down the woods and stipple leaves
with sun."
('Winter', in The Land) ~ Victoria Mary Sackville-West
1892 - 1962
and
in the dark, walking Molly, i heard my first whip-o-will.
it is alway
a
spiritual
experience.
the sky is country
dark
a dotted with
stars.
and
in the dark, walking Molly, i heard my first whip-o-will.
it is alway
a
spiritual
experience.
the sky is country
dark
a dotted with
stars.
•
my shared senses
click on links
feel: Relieving Stress - Ideas....
6 comments:
You've really made me miss my garden. Those heads of cabbage really brought me home.
Mary
Nothing is better than things straight from the garden, sooo good.
We have three different types of lettuce planted and green onions. After the fifteenth we'll plant a bunch of stuff! The temperature was 29 and 30 degrees the last two nights. Another one tonight too.
Love looking at the veggies. Our strawberries won't be in until late May. We also have blueberries, apples, and grapes. YUM!
XOXO
Nothing taste better than fresh from the garden! I love the sound of the whip-o-will...
When whipporwills call and evening is nigh...I'll travel to my blue heaven! :)
Lovely garden faire and boy does it heighten my senses...all of them! :)
Lucky, lucky you Dear Sister...I will have to try the onion gravy...I make one from tomatoes but I bet the onions are equally as good! Yummy!
Have a delightful weekend Sister Love! xoxoxo
oh my i just started sowing but over there you can already harvest, i've always loved those eggplant flowers, x
Post a Comment