Mt. Fuji Cherry Blossoms 1834 - Katsushika Hokusai
On a journey,
Resting beneath the cherry blossoms,
I feel myself to be in a Noh play.
Resting beneath the cherry blossoms,
I feel myself to be in a Noh play.
Matsuo Basho
❦
I love haiku so much. Haiku cuts to the bone. Quick and tidy words do their work.
I love cherry blossoms too. Sweet spring.
Japanese life seems so well ordered and meaningful. Every detail matters. Passionate observation. Discipline is paramount and order throws a spirit of peace for the journey.
We are stopping to rest, eat, play, love, and on this journey we discover ourselves. If we are open we may discover the whole wide world. I believe we were intended to know much more than we settle for.
We have to stay hungry for life.
Life is haiku.
❦
I love haiku so much. Haiku cuts to the bone. Quick and tidy words do their work.
I love cherry blossoms too. Sweet spring.
Japanese life seems so well ordered and meaningful. Every detail matters. Passionate observation. Discipline is paramount and order throws a spirit of peace for the journey.
We are stopping to rest, eat, play, love, and on this journey we discover ourselves. If we are open we may discover the whole wide world. I believe we were intended to know much more than we settle for.
We have to stay hungry for life.
Life is haiku.

4 comments:
I have always loved Japanese art.It is always so beautiful and detailed but yet simple and peaceful. I like haiku too,like you said straight to the point,kind of like me :)!
Japanese art is very beautiful, I quite agree. I really loved what you said...that we need to stay hungry for life. Reminds me of an old song sung by Rita Coolidge, The Hungry Years.
Be Happy my Journeying Sister! Always!!! :)
Peace and Love to You!
xoxo
"We have to stay hungry for life" Indeed, we must remember to do that even when the wind howls and snow falls out of the sky. It will be months until cherry trees are in bloom here, so looking at your images is my little scrap of springtime.
I have always lived Japanese and Chinese art as well. It is so well ordered and detailed there is freedom in discipline. I try to lived a disciplined life, but most of the time my passions run away with me!
Post a Comment