Iceland's Horses - Young Foal Mares - Marketa Kalvachova source: Click on.
The Republic of Iceland Presents Iceland Horses
I am of Celtic heritage, the history of this country the mystical looking horses send me off ancestor dreaming. Wishing hundreds of photos showing all stages of this country's development and way of life were available.
They are not, and so, I dream, I am a mental traveler.
I ❤ Iceland Horses.
(note: unable to coordinate the colors. blogger issue.)
The Republic of Iceland Presents Iceland Horses
Wind, cold, snow, thick furry coats of protection, these lovable in foal mares appear warm enough. I am charmed and instantly in love. Winter is in residence, photographer Marketa Kalvachova tells us, Icelandic horses are out year round. A single breed of Icelandic horse , typically 13 to 14 hands high, considered to be pony size, are nonetheless called horses. Seeing these horses I wanted to know something more of Iceland.
The Icelandic settling heritage is of Norse and Gaelic peoples. The language is Icelandic, with roots from the North Germanic, descended from Old Norse. From what I read Iceland has been ruled by Denmark, Germany in WW II, and briefly by Britain and the USA, for various political reasons and amounts of time.
Wikipedia gives this information: “the Republic of Iceland, is a Nordic European island country in the North Atlantic Ocean, on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.[9] Iceland also refers to the main island of the country, which contains about 98.6% of the population and comprises more than 99.9% of the land area."
I am of Celtic heritage, the history of this country the mystical looking horses send me off ancestor dreaming. Wishing hundreds of photos showing all stages of this country's development and way of life were available.
They are not, and so, I dream, I am a mental traveler.
I ❤ Iceland Horses.
(note: unable to coordinate the colors. blogger issue.)

4 comments:
yes very beautiful, i remembered some superb iceland photos on the following blogposthttp://whereareyouolga.blogspot.com/search/label/iceland#axzz1jeSK1nXa
xx
Those horses do look more like ponies. Very beautiful animals, regardless. Iceland sounds like a fascinating place!
They look like such hardy and beautiful creatures. I love the photo with the snow falling:)
Oh my...they are gorgeous !!
Beautiful post...thanks!
Post a Comment