I still remember a few of my childhood Christmases. Magical feelings, butterflies of happy expectations, for Santa’s visit.
It does not just seem a simpler time, it was, less choices and my wants were few. I always received what I really wanted. Even as a child I loved the family Christmas at Aunt Martha Jane’s. This was a present for me too.
Our Christmas trees came from the nearby woodlands. Sand Pine or Loblolly, short needle pines.
Thinking back as I often do now, it was simpler because I had no responsibilities. I came. I saw. I received. I played and played and played. A very happy time.
All of the important adults of my wonderful memories are gone now.
I return often to see my family, entertain the memories, smell the scent of a short needle pine Christmas tree. Cast a hungry eye remembering the plentiful feast prepared for this special gathering. I have always loved good southern food.
The adult family members gathered around the fireplace returning to their childhood Christmases. Wishing now I had written down these stories.



6 comments:
Childhood offers something, a level of innocence about the holidays, that is so unique to that age in life.
Memories to cherish, it is a wonderful gift of life. To have been surrounded by warmth and love, i wish that to every child, it would help to make the world a better place, x
The way a child sees things is wonderful. They have the joy and energy to make holidays so special.
What wonderful memories you have! It is no wonder you cherish them so!
I love your memories Sandra!
I wish I had wonderful memories of this time of year but I do not. I still carry those scars deep within and do everything in my power now, to move past them so my children and grandchildren do not experience them. We do alright, :) thankfully!
Loved your photos today...even they are whimsical and magickal!
Blessings of The Light to You Kindred Sister of My Heart!
xoxoxo
Yes, times were so simple then.
Seem more involved and complicated today.
Special thoughts to you this cold
Sunday afernoon...
Post a Comment