"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Tuesday, November 15, 2011

mask of darkness.....great pretenders


mask of darkness.....great pretender
darkness
banishes
day
night time
waits beyond
each window
step into
the starry 
space
hanging moon
opal shimmers
find me
under star
thoughts
find boldness
no one
watching
is it safe
now to be
ourself
letting our hair
down
wondering
can anyone
handle who
hides behind
the
mask
does anyone
realize 
we are
the great pretenders



    life
         a
                           masquerade 
“...I wrote this, and it was fun.”
November 5, 2011 © sandra m. hagan


9 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Really beautiful and thought provoking. How many live their lives hidden behind a mask! Thank you.
Mary

Melodie said...

This was great! I think everyone wears a mask at least sometimes....

Joan@CopperCreeker said...

i really like this one. i've often thought of the masks i've learned to wear to protect myself.

Texan said...

Very good and oh so true!

Robyn Campbell said...

Lovely, bff. You paint such wonderful pictures with your words. So many people hide under masks. I have at times.

*waving*

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I like this.
So many people wear a mask.
I do not know if I have worn
a mask
But do know in my lifetime I have
been called on to play many
rolls which were not the real me.
Maybe that is a mask.
Thank you for your kind comments
to me :)

Laura said...

wonderfully wise, I'm glad it was fun too!

kerrdelune said...

What a gorgeous tribute to these short days before the wheel turns again at Yule.

erleichda said...

i read this and loved every single word : )

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers