"Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are. " ~Arthur Golden, Memoirs of a Geisha
Listening to the news this weekend I was awestruck for the resilience of us "hoomans". Floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, fires, death, destruction, war, economy and healthcare in the toilet, these are major issues to be facing three at a time. Everyone, pretty much is facing economic hardship, many cannot afford health care, the rest are "touched" by the weather.
Happily, as I look around at people in general, there is hope. Upset, yes we are, but we get down to the business of living life, and step out to recover one day at a time.
It is amazing and a wonder to watch. Unlike Humpty Dumpty we can be put back together again. We may not look or be the same but we will survive.
❉


7 comments:
Great post, my friend, and so timely.
Mary
So, true. I agree with you heartily.
This was a great post today.....the human soul is so very resilient......it does amaze one.....doesn't it??
hugs,
Jo
You are very intuitive...
We are never the same after
facing adversity.
We do know this,
we more often than not
become stronger when faced with this adversity.
It makes us take a more decisive look
into the heart of the problem.
It regenerates new solutions to old problems.
We are resilient beings.
great post
hugs Sharon
Yes, we're lucky and we will survive, but I do see so many who are teetering. Sometimes I feel helpless because we can't fix everything that needs fixing.
All joys to you,
Sharon (glue in hand)
There are many teetering, and I am in a tizzy about it. I want to fix the lot. I have to calm myself down, and remember, I can't do a thing if I'm running around like a chicken with it's legs cut off. Seriously.
I am speaking out to my area elected officials via email to let them know how I feel.
Thanks, for stopping by
Post a Comment