"Lord, it is time. The summer was very big. Lay thy shadow on the sundials, and on the meadows let the winds go loose. Command the last fruits that they shall be full; give them another two more southerly days, press them on to fulfillment and drive the last sweetness into the heavenly wine."
❤ Rainer Maria Rilke
September is welcomed as many of us remain glad for the end of summer leaning in to the slightest touch of coolness.
September arrives and I begin to cool off and get into life again. Bears hibernate in the winter, I hibernate in the summer.
I look forward to the fun of Halloween and Thanksgiving. I look forward to being motivated again.
Each turn of the wheel brings us change. I'm awakening to changes I need to make.



9 comments:
"leaning into the changes"...mmm...a healthy way to be with what is. Thanks for that beautiful phrase and for you always thoughtful messages.
I've been so looking forward to September. Love this post.
Mary
It is so hot in Texas that one must hibernate in order to survive. We are getting our first taste of fall weather on Monday. Can't wait!!
changes
oh yes
I continue to make them
would have thought
by now
all the changes
would have been made...
I look forward to fall like a child looks forward to Christmas! I too hibernate in the heat. After this summer I seriously could move to Alaska,wanna come with me!?
Yes, Melodie, Alaska sounds just about right.
Alaska sounds ideal! I Love the quote...it is one of my favorites!
Thanks for the love and prayers Dear Heart...it is so much appreciated...
Sending you love and big hugs!
xoxoxo
I'm happy you are noticing a slight change. I know it is so hot for you! I like the cooler weather too - I don't do so well in the intense heat. Here's to September!
Many thanks and blessings for the beautiful prayer.
We had a couple days of cooler temperature and now
it is back up to 30 celsius...
hot and humid. Yuck.
I love Halloween and Fall Fairs, pumpkins and our Thanksgiving is this month as well
autumn blessings to you
hugs Sharon
Post a Comment