"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Saturday, September 3, 2011

so near, and yet, so far away.....

so near, and yet, so far away...
hah! you may foolishly think
everything is hunky dory
that I am fine 
the way things are
you treat me...
sarcastically
rolling your eyes
controlling obsession
never “getting it”
enough to discuss
an issue...
you say
“...I know, it’s always
my fault...” 
knowing full 
well exactly how
you act
it is manipulation
to never get beyond
this point, you don’t
have to ever deal
with issues...
never quite satisfied
with anything I do
or don’t do
many times after a
meal....you say...
I wonder how it would
be to prepare it
this way or that
never quite satisfied
things are always
just a little
off....
it is true
necessity breeds
strange bedfellows
life’s becomes a
tradeoff
this happens when
you do not prepare
for the future
stupid, I know,
careless too....
but true
I feel like a
greyhound racer
the carrot always
dangled just out
of reach...
i have long since
gone into my
secret place of
silence...
i can be miles
away and sitting
right next to you...
you’ll never
know
will you now?
do you have a
secret place of
golden silence
far from
the madness....?
sandra m. hagan © September 3, 2011

4 comments:

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Dear Sandra,
I smile as I read this.
I thought
where did she find this.
Then at the end I see
you wrote it.
I surely can relate to
your words :)

On Fragile Wings said...

I believe we all have a secret retreat inside our mind.
It is like you learn to turn off the rest of the world
and wallow in your own safe thoughts.

well written and a very interesting look into
the human psyche.

mxtodis123 said...

Sounds a bit like the story of my life...up to the present, that is. Hoping you and yours have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend.
Mary

renilde said...

I do my dear, one inside and one outside, and both places come to good use now and then. Lovely written, bravo!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers