"Only the dead have seen the end of war." ~Plato
"You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist." ~Attributed to both Golda Meirand Indira Gandhi
(My heart , oh dear me my heart, is broken for the great loss of life in the helicopter crash killing 30 Americans, one interpreter and seven Afghans.
I weep for the father's, mother's, wive's, children, family and friends, fellow soldiers, and for America and Afghanistan.
I support our troop, I pray for peace, I believe peace is possible.
Why cannot we "see" peace, it is right before our eyes.
the wild magnolia - sandra m. hagan)
O little self, within whose smallness lies
All that man was, and is, and will become,
Atom unseen that comprehends the skies
And tells the tracks by which the planets roam.
That, without moving, knows the joys of wings,
The tiger's strength, the eagle's secrecy,
And in the hovel can consort with kings,
Or clothe a god with his own mystery.
O with what darkness do we cloak thy light,
What dusty folly gather thee for food,
Thou who alone art knowledge and delight,
The heavenly bread, the beautiful, the good.
O living self, O god, O morning star,
Give us thy light, forgive us what we are.
All that man was, and is, and will become,
Atom unseen that comprehends the skies
And tells the tracks by which the planets roam.
That, without moving, knows the joys of wings,
The tiger's strength, the eagle's secrecy,
And in the hovel can consort with kings,
Or clothe a god with his own mystery.
O with what darkness do we cloak thy light,
What dusty folly gather thee for food,
Thou who alone art knowledge and delight,
The heavenly bread, the beautiful, the good.
O living self, O god, O morning star,
Give us thy light, forgive us what we are.
-- John Masefield, "Sonnets" (1915)
"You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist." ~Attributed to both Golda Meirand Indira Gandhi
(My heart , oh dear me my heart, is broken for the great loss of life in the helicopter crash killing 30 Americans, one interpreter and seven Afghans.
I weep for the father's, mother's, wive's, children, family and friends, fellow soldiers, and for America and Afghanistan.
I support our troop, I pray for peace, I believe peace is possible.
Why cannot we "see" peace, it is right before our eyes.
the wild magnolia - sandra m. hagan)



1 comment:
Sandi...whose heart is as big as the Blessed Universe...I align myself and your thoughts and prayers as well as tears shed.
Yes Beloved Sister, hope springs eternal but today I must allow the sadness for many things to permeate my being lest I forget.
It is not until a nations women are on the ground in grief and despair that a change will come. We must stand together always.
Come soon Sweet Peace, Come Soon!
I love you Lady of Peace, my Beloved Sister Sandi!
A'HO!
Post a Comment