"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Sunday, August 28, 2011

In Memory of Those Who Lost Their Lives in hurricane Irene

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars. ❤
Og Mandino 

5 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

That was beautiful. Thank you. Love the sunflowers. The sad part of it is is that most didn't have to die...if only they would have listened. It breaks my heart to see such senseless loss. We had a mom here who almost lost her 12 year old daughter. The mom actually drove her daughter to the beach to surf, then her daughter almost drowned. Can you believe it? Then we had the two young boaters who had to be rescued. Parents all over were allowing their children to play barefoot in that water despite warnings; as a result, a good samaritan had to die. When will people learn that Mother Nature is not to be played with.
Mary

JudyH329 said...

I'm so sorry for those who lost their lives and thankful it wasn't more. Thanks for the memorial. Sunflowers are so beautiful..they follow the path of light.

AkasaWolfSong said...

I hold that light with you Sweet Mags...as the Sunflower turns its face toward the Sun, let us too turn our face to All That Is to bring comfort to those who need it.

Blessings Dear Sister...
xoxoxo

Kameshwari said...

It is powerful to remember the light, but courageous to honor the dark and all that it holds. Thank you for creating this memorial.

Gail Dixon said...

What a neat saying. Love that sunflower photo!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers