"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Thursday, August 4, 2011

~ I'm Thinking ~


Walk with me, to the waters edge.

I’m Thinking...
fall is just around the corner
summer is a season of  fire and popsicles
age wrinkles the skin, and grows a sense of humor
immigrants are picking fuzzy green okra, peppers and tomatoes somewhere
Alaskan fisherman are harvesting Salmom for my table
tall stalks corn are brittle to death
President Obama is fifty today
I’ll be sisty-five next month - Medicare recipient
Facebook finds old friends
We may now be conditioned against harmful habits
travel and knowledge is at our fingertips on the internet
blogging brings friends
reading is a best friend
music thrills me deep
our politicians need to wake up and visit the real world
new recipes are fun
food preparation is satisfying
photos broaden our horizons
poetry is kickin’
and there you have it
for 
this 
Thursday

4 comments:

On Fragile Wings said...

I cannot wait to taste all those lovely Ontario fruits and vegetables.

We have some already like strawberries and cucumbers and tomatoes.

I love Autumn, the weather cools
I can breath much better
the colours are awesome
I can get into cooking once again.
too hot in summer to do cook fests.

I can get into long walks again
who hoo.

Happy Thursday

Ashling said...

What an inviting photo....and you're Thursday morning mind is a busy place!!

mxtodis123 said...

It is hard to believe that summer is almost over, but I am not complaining. This has been a rough one. It's time for some nice cool relief.
Mary

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beautiful image
still very hot
at the edge of my
southern woods...

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers