"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Saturday, July 23, 2011

~ Norway's Great Loss ~

My heart aches for the people of Norway.
I send prayers for healing and light of love.

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one 

Imagine - John Lennon


If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.  ~Mother Teresa

10 comments:

Laura said...

me too...so much aching in this world...and just as much love to balance it out...this we must remember.

mxtodis123 said...

So sad. Terrorism is a part of today's world. Too many people out there hurting innocents. Perhaps one day our world will find peace. I so love this John Lennon song. Such a gentle man who was also slain by hate and violence.
Mary

Terra said...

Mother Teresa is right, we belong to one another. I pray the people of Norway will heal.

Melodie said...

I have trouble understanding why people do such things.I have been to Norway several times....it is such a beautiful and peaceful place and the people are the same.I was shocked to find out this was a Norwegian who did this to his own people.

Akannie said...

Beautiful quote by Mother Teresa...love is the only answer...

AkasaWolfSong said...

Such a tragedy...my heart and prayers are aligned with these people and their families...

We do belong to one another...

Blessings Dear Heart!

Lynette Killam said...

John Lennon's song is so fitting at this time, and I can't believe I've not read that Mother Teresa quote before...it sums everything up perfectly. doesn't it?!

Thanks for stopping by my page with sweet birthday wishes...:)

kerrdelune said...

My heart is sick about the killings in Norway, Magnolia

septembermom said...

The sadness of this loss is overpowering.

Very very upsetting.

renilde said...

Terrible things happen, horrible acts of violence....only love can help, x

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers