"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"The Land of Midsummer"

~ Old Australian Pine against A Summer Sky ~

We've been to this place before,,, the "land of Midsummer", sacred wander seeking love and goodness of life.
Stepping backward into the written and mystical history of this day, I may encounter midsummer energy dancing in the bonfires of the hills, I want to gather flowers for under my pillow of dreams, dress the hearth with green boughs, and languish in the past brought forward on this day.    
Observing our personal sacred beliefs includes us in traditions celebrated long ago, personally, I like being included in the past this way.
When I think about it, we are able to place our own particular stamp upon each moment, each day.  Holidays and special days allow us to showcase traditions we value.  Our pace is slower, we hold our treasures close, we honor the goodness of life past, present and future.  With purpose and on purpose we proceed with life.
The wheel has turned again, Midsummer marks a change, our days begin to shorten.  Change after change, as regular as clockwork, assures us life is not to bore us.
Blessings.

3 comments:

Laura said...

seems impossible that we are at midsummer...the kids don't get out of school until Thursday...but the wheel she keeps turning and we must ride along with her:-)

Gorgeous tree!!!

renilde said...

Lovely thoughts on midsummer, i love this time too with all its colours and energy, how everything stretches to the sunlight and transforms it into fruits and flowers and smiles.
Moments in time that make us feel again we are part of a chain and go on and on.

Dear Sandi i especially want to thank you for your ever lovely and beatiful comments on my posts, they are truly appreciated and often make me smile, thanks, xx

septembermom said...

You are so right that life keeps us hopping and will not let us be bored. I like the idea of putting my own particular stamp on each moment. I'm going to try and follow your advice. Thank you.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers