"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Saturday, May 14, 2011

~Honeysuckle Flames~
by
"the wild magnolia"

Summer heat
humid slap
liquid sunshine

lucky lizard
lickety split
green streak

watermelon slices
cantaloupe chunks
cherry lemonade


dragonfly hunters
love bug dread
screechy hawks


honeysuckle flames
magnolia memories
marigold bitter


puddle jump
lightening quick
dark cloud promises


kids love summertime
no school
I remember

3 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

love those words..

happy to see you at farmhouse and happy to stop by...

sending love,
kary and teddy
xxx

renilde said...

You evoke lovely images with these words, xx

Rue said...

Just lovely. I'm knee-deep in Summer when I read this.

Thanks so much for your support of my new project too! You are so sweet!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers