"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Saturday, March 19, 2011

~ Morning Walk and the Grumpy Black Dog ~

Orange Crush Twins
by me (c)


My morning walk was solitary until the BIG black dog came flaming around the curve.  He stopped to look back where he came from.   Then he turned around to see me, lowered his head, and growled.  I spoke and headed to pass him on the right, he lowered his head and growled.  I attempted to pass him on the left, he lowered his head and growled.   I wasn't scared but felt his instance that I leave and knew there was a reason.  Fine.  I turned around and reversed my walk.

I deal with dogs everyday rushing out to meet and greet, barking with tail wagging, I usually speak and keep right on walking.  I'm not a scary person.

When all was said and done I regretted not having the presence of mind to take "grumpy BIG black dog's" picture to share.

The remainder of the walk was peaceful and filled with beauty.

Wishing all a great weekend.
Síochán leat
Peace be with you!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Whenever that little voice speaks to me and I don't listen, I always regret it. You did the right thing.

Terra said...

Love the orange flowers (four o'clocks?) and you were wise to follow the dog's orders!

mxtodis123 said...

You did the right thing by turning around. That sort of reminds me of something that happened to me many years back before I had left the country for the city life. I had been babysitting for a neighbor and decided to go to the story. Now, the nearest store was a mile walk away. I was used to it then so I bundled the baby into the stroller and headed on out into civilization.

I had just reached an area where there were no houses, only a factory set way back from the road when a pack of snarling, barking dogs came out of nowhere behind me. I had no place to go. I even thought of jumping in the stroller, but that would have done no good. I stopped and stood still, my heart beating so fast. I was sure I was going to be attacked, but they ran right past me. What a sigh of relief!
Mary

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Always obey that inner voice. You did the right thing. So happy for you that you now have a camera :)

Kerri Farley said...

Sorry that Dog wasn't being cooperative. LOVE these little orange flowers!!!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers