"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

~ A Gathering of Stones ~

A Gathering of Stones

I love large rocks and stones, I love small rocks and stones.  Different shapes, texture, sizes and colors, alone or in a gathering, their solid mass speaks steadfastness to me.

In certain places the gathering of stones or rocks are said to hold ancient energy and stories.  I like to believe this is true.  Stone speak.  Rock solid faith.

5 comments:

Julie Dao said...

Beautiful! This reminds me of the stone giants from Tolkien.

mxtodis123 said...

Beautiful photo. So peaceful, serene. I would love to be there.
Mary

Laura said...

beautiful indeed...and if we sit quietly and listen closely with reverence, perhaps they will reveal their stories:-)

AkasaWolfSong said...

Ahhhh...the Blessed Stone People...I've long been carrying them with me and listening to what they share...your post today very much resonates Sandra! They are after all the oldest living thing on Mother Earth. :)

My home and sacred space outdoors are filled with Stone People.

In Divine Love!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Such a strong and sensory image of stones. I am a collector of stones and shells because they draw me to the edges of time and the earth. It is a reminder that our life here is fleeting but also an assurance that some things will be here forever and beyond.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers