"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Thursday, March 17, 2011

~ Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig ~ Wishing you blessings & the "Luck of the Irish".

An Old Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Wishing all good things to settle in your life!

Peace be with you!
Síochán leat

6 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

I've always loved that blessing. The Irish sure had a way with words, didn't they? Happy St. Patty's Day to ya.
Mary

Ashling said...

Long live the 'snakes', Irish & otherwise!

Anonymous said...

I love visiting your blog. It is always a visual and soul enriching treat.

Laura said...

peace to you as well dear one.

blessedmama said...

Such a great, classic verse.

Robyn Campbell said...

Enchanting isn't it? I hope your Saint Paddy's Day was filled with love. Because that's what that day is all about. He wasn't even from Ireland, but fell in love with the country and made it his own. He wanted to live with the Leprechauns. :) Love you so much. Last night I cried myself to sleep. I'm wondering if the recovery is taking too long. Ah well...

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers