"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Tuesday, January 18, 2011

~ Sunday Walk ~

Lake Howard

Sunday morning I walked around the north and northeast side of Lake Howard.  Being out in the brisk cool morning pumped needed energy into my body and spirit.  The lake is a green grape color and tiny bump waves crossed from south to north east.

Lake grasses and dry cattails hug the edges where most of the ducks bob and feed  and float.   Although wide eyed in anticipation, no Sandhill Cranes have landed for my viewing pleasure.

The homes around the lake are older, larger and have beautiful landscaping, one or two are exceptional in their greenery!  On passing by one in particular, having a large raised garden in back of the house, caught my eye.  Although I could not see very well, I could “feel” the good things growing!  This is now my house, if only for a few moments, as I pass by the gates.

Walking along I drink in the beauty of earth, and water, and air, and hazy sunbeams through the clouds.

Wishing all good blessings to snuggle safely in your life this day, and always, I remain thankful for such friends. 

7 comments:

brandi said...

~poetic beauty written...if only for a moment...and how sweet those moments can be...thank you my dear friend for everything as of late...my heart feels your warmth greatly and the love you have sent forth upon me...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

mxtodis123 said...

You had me walking along with you. Beautiful post. Sounds like a lovely area in which to live.
Mary

AkasaWolfSong said...

I was transported alongside you through your vivid description of what you were seeing...and it feels wonderful there. I send blessings to the sacred land, its inhabitants, and You!!

Such a lovely way to be transported in time and space...and breathe in treasures I might not have experienced otherwise...Thank You M'Lady!

Sun and Moonbeams To You!
xoxo

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

I walked beside you
Enjoying all
Thank you
For inviting me...

renilde said...

You clearly enjoyed your walk, your imagination made you enjoy it even more. You know what it means to feel rich and you shared it here, that's so sweet, thanks,x. renilde

Kerri Farley said...

Lovely!

Kari said...

I'm way behind, Magnolia, but I think of you every day. Love the feeling of having been on a little "walk" with you. I haven't been able to keep up with blogworld lately. You amaze me at how much you have posted, so much beauty for the eyes and the heart and the soul ~ thank you!! xo Kari

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers