"I am lovers with what hasn't a name: the inside of wind,

the stutter of rain ..." ❤ excerpt (c) Amy Schutzer


Monday, January 17, 2011

"Let It Begin With Me"

"Let it Begin with Me"

Anemic world
parched for peace
bullets and bombs
separate body and soul
is there peace yet?

I pray for peace
of mind and heart,
and hearth and home,
It must begin here
Is there peace yet?

Are you red, yellow, black or white
I am color blind, how about you?
we are all connected, we are one
I see you, I see me, 
we are the same.

Is there peace yet?  
who is responsible?
“Let there be peace
on earth and let it
begin with me…”


sandra m. hagan © January 17th, 2011

*inspired by : “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten we belong to each other.”  Mother Teresa

5 comments:

*❀* said...

such a wonderful poem and quote

something we know in our hearts which beat stronger when such messages are affirmed so beautifully by others.

it is lovely to see the sweet images your angel companian there in your side-bar, so lovingly remembered xxx

warmest hugs

millie

Terra said...

Sweet and true.

mxtodis123 said...

What a lovely poem. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Mary

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

i love the poem...i see your sweet baby on the sidebar...sending healing love to you, my friend

love,
kary and teddy
xxx

Robyn Campbell said...

Zoe was so beautiful. And very much loved. I can tell. Beautiful poem. Praying, bff.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." — Terry Pratchett

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this."  — Terry Pratchett

Followers