O Winter! ruler of the inverted year, . . . I crown thee king of intimate delights, Fireside enjoyments, home-born happiness, And all the comforts that the lowly roof Of undisturb'd retirement, and the hours of long uninterrupted evening, know.
William Cowper
William Cowper

4 comments:
So lovely and welcoming.
Mary
beautiful words ....
blessings and special thoughts sent your way'
this very day...
I agree with Mary...a warm and inviting hearth fire to warm the spirit and the bones.
Come Snow Queen Come! (I loved your last comment, can you tell?)
Special Blessings On Snow Owl's wings to You
Beloved...
Just the title of your post gave me a quiet thrill....thank you Sandi, for the amazing words.
I've just looked them up and see that they are from William Cowper. I have come upon his words before and he seemed to have a gift for appreciating the small, domestic bits of life.
Only ten days until the Winter Solstice!
Post a Comment